There remains no bathroom accessory that cannot be enhanced with good remodeling to add to your style and comfort requirements. Toilet seats for that matter have progressed from a mere necessity to a style and comfort statement. Having the toilet seat that your friends envy or wish they could copy is a tribute to style.
In terms of innovation
- A seat per person: In case hygiene is a factor and dictates that to each its own seat, then seat pages are meant for you. It is a series of one seat on the other with address book like flaps on the side for easing open the seat of your choice.
- Music mania: If music is your thing, then let your seat and its cover proclaim the same with innovative box guitar shaped and piano shaped toilet seat covers in white as well as black. If you want it even more real, get a cover with the warm wood shade of a semi-acoustic guitar with black highlights.
- Lights: Toilet seats with tiny embedded lights that are semi-transparent and dim as well as fade add not only color to your bathroom but can also complement the LED shower.
- Adjust for ease: Adjustable seats that can be made lower or higher depending on what’s comfortable.
- Thermo chromic seats: No longer will you or guests have to face the cold comfort of a stone cold toilet seat. These seats record the body temperature of the last person that used them and so leave a cozier place to treat yourself to.
- No need to touch: Auto close toilet seat covers look attractive with their glossy and sheen-filled finish. These toilet seats sense presence and open when a person is around while gently closing once the person leaves.
A note on comfort increasers
Toilet seats need not be uncomfortably hard; for those of us who want a softer touch, foam toilet seats can work wonders and make the experience less taxing. If you want suite style gilt-edged charm, covers come with gold rims and in pure white.
Toilet seat covers with oomph
- Florally inclined: If you believe in flower power, then you can get toilet seats that have a festone of roses on it and these roses do not look painted over. They are skillfully crafted fabric ones that look as good as real.
- Football paradise: Football lovers can have their fan enthusiasm pasted over their toilet seats too with a football toilet seat cover that looks good enough to kick.
- Go green: If you love nature, there is a seat for you too in the privacy of your own bathroom. Natural motif toilet covers come in leaf motifs where the seat cover is a giant, glossy green leaf or you can have bark motifs as well.
- Crystal delight: Crystal like or rather gem like toilet seat covers too are available and show that even a toilet seat cover can glow like a crystal or a gem.
Jamith is an Interior Designer. He also writes for victorianplumbing.co.uk, you can been updated by following twitter@Victorianplumb.